Books + Comics

Sunday Comic: A Week in Belize

An illustrated travel diary.

• wizkarifa June 29th, 2014 2:04 PM

Love this article. Such a creative way to make a journal entry. I’ve always wanted to visit Latin American countries and this article just confirms it even more.

• Tourdivoire June 29th, 2014 7:03 PM

WOW!!!
    This is absolutely beautiful. Suzy you make Sundays magical! I hope your heartache is not so bad now.

• mangointhesky June 30th, 2014 6:53 AM

I love this SOO much- it’s (like) a giant, perfect story ( though the sunburn does sound awful!). I really hope something similar to this shows up on Rookie again sometime soon!

• pizzalexi June 30th, 2014 2:24 PM

oh my god I LOVE THIS bc i am in San Pedro, belize RIGHT NOW as I type!!! ive been going every summer since 2010 since my dad moved to belize city for his job and this is sOOO accurate!!!! i am crying this is great i love u…..

• pizzalexi June 30th, 2014 2:28 PM

note: i know exactly what radisson ur talkin about… the soccer field nearby…. the bar in caye caulker (I was there yesterday!!!) this is great I am smilign

• artobsessed July 1st, 2014 3:09 AM

San Pedro was my family vacation spot before my parents divorced! my other siblings recently went there again with my dad in June, but I didn’t go so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS *bawling emoji*

it truly is a magical little place!

• netraasmiles July 1st, 2014 10:24 AM

This is SO awesome! I’m currently visiting the motherland (India) too and I totally am getting that same feeling of sheer excitement mixed with a bit of alienation- sometimes I feel like a stranger back in America, but I feel pretty foreign in my homeland too!!