Dear Diary

June 18, 2014

A seriously momentous round of diaries this week.

Lilly

Things I learned on my trip to Ireland:

1. A mile and an Irish mile are not the same thing.
2. Cheap chocolate in the U.S. has nothing on cheap chocolate in Ireland.
3. A tire blowing out on a van sounds like a balloon popping, just louder.
4. If it looks like it’s going to rain in Ireland, it probably will, and if it doesn’t, it probably will.
5. #4 will be invalid on the day you decide to go on an eight-kilometer hike.
6. You should actually bring sunscreen if you plan to hike eight kilometers, regardless of what the weather looks like when you start.
7. Puffins are everything you’ve ever imagined.
8. Sometimes the metal detectors at airports just…go off.
9. Coexisting with 10 people under one roof is absolutely exhausting.
10. Good soccer and bad television with your best friend can cure jet lag. ♦

1 2 3 4

• Chloe22 June 18th, 2014 7:26 PM

Lilly, do you eat Puffins cereal? Because if you really like puffins then you would really like the cereal. It has lots of peanut butter on it. And though Puffins cereal is exciting-I am so jealous that you got to see some in person!

• readyfortofade June 18th, 2014 7:30 PM

#5 in Lilly’s entry has a typo (should be hike, I hope).
    Also, in #6, there should be an “if” after “sunscreen.”

• Anaheed June 18th, 2014 7:34 PM

Thank you! Had to edit this one in a hurry!

• avxxa June 18th, 2014 9:18 PM

hey guys! I loved these entries, but it said Caitlin had an entry too. Was it an accident or did she skip? (which is totally acceptable)

• Anaheed June 18th, 2014 10:00 PM

Caitlin’s entry is the illustration at the top — she does a visual diary every week.

• avxxa June 18th, 2014 10:59 PM

Oh gosh, I didn’t realize! Thank you, that makes more sense :)

• Elsary June 19th, 2014 8:33 AM

BRITNEY: That sounds so cool! And I’m happy for you:) (although I’m bit jealous, too. I too want to have my first kiss and try Ouija! But I’m more happy than jealous)
    MARAH: Good to know that you really are safe. It must feel awful to be there. *hug*
    LILLY: #9 is so true. And #6 too. But I hope you still had fun!
    CAUTLIN: I like this week’s entry really much! It kinda resembles my own life…

• itssabine June 19th, 2014 10:55 AM

Loved Lilly’s list! And Marah’s entry managed to really move me, like her writing often does. Great entries!

• Eileen June 19th, 2014 11:52 AM

Britney! Me and my sisters did a mermaid chant on the Friday the 13th full moon!! By the way it wasn’t just a full moon- it was a honeymoon

• darcymaee June 21st, 2014 4:33 AM

I really liked all of them – I loved Caitlin’s diary, like, a lot. ;) xx

• Emma Mc June 22nd, 2014 5:26 PM

Lilly, I’m Irish and I laughed at your list and showed it to my family! Hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland.