As is true of all of Wes Anderson’s movies, 2012’s Moonrise Kingdom looked GORGEOUS. I loved everything about Suzy Bishop, one of the lead characters, including her incredible style. Here, I’ve done my own take on the pretty blue eye makeup she wears while gallivanting around New Penzance with her true love, Sam. It’s easy to replicate for your own adventures, too!
What you’ll need:
- Eye shadow primer. (Mine’s from e.l.f.)
- Teal eye shadow. All of the shadows I used here are from this Icing palette.
- Turquoise eye shadow.
- A lighter blue eye shadow.
- Navy blue eyeliner, like this Nyx Cosmetics pencil in Sunrise Blue (more like MOONRISE BLUE, in this case).
- Navy blue eye shadow.
- Mascara. (I used this one from Maybelline.)
- An eye shadow brush, such as this one from e.l.f..
- An eye shadow smudging brush like this e.l.f. one.
How to do it:
Cover your eyelids with primer—this’ll make your colors look as vibrant as possible.
Apply a dark teal shadow all over your lids.
Add a turquoise shadow on top, blending it upward, toward your brow bone.
Dot pale-blue shadow at the inner corners of your eyes and right under your brows. Use a brush to blend it in with the other colors you’ve got going on.
Line your bottom lid with a cobalt or navy blue pencil, staying close to your lash line.
Use your smudge brush to go back over the liner with an eye shadow in the same shade, softening the line and blending it up into the turquoise colors on your top lid.
Draw a thick line of eyeliner across the top lid.
Add a swipe of liner to your waterline (the little ledge between your eye and your lower lashes).
Finish off this look by brushing mascara onto your top and bottom lashes.
Ta-da! Now you’re ready to run away into the woods with nothing but your records, your Sunday-school shoes, and your first love. ♦