Music

Friday Playlist: In Synch

Dedicated to the sweet sound of vocal harmonies.

One of the best things about music is the way individual sounds work together to create a lovely whole. When voices intertwine, it’s especially magical. The songs on this playlist are bursting with vocal harmonies that will make you feel like you’re getting wrapped up in a sonic group hug.

The Beach Boys, via Don’t Forget the Songs 365.

Illustration by Minna.

Illustration by Minna.

• netraasmiles May 30th, 2014 7:16 PM

YAAAAAS (ps: songs w killer harmonies like these sound awesome when you pop your phone in mug for a killer echo effect)

• rockwrenroll May 30th, 2014 7:33 PM

Ooh! How catchy all these songs are! Great choices! “Take a Chance on Me” was my ringtone for a long time.

• Georgia Bea May 30th, 2014 8:13 PM

ahhh!!! lucius!!! ahh!!!

• princessjordan May 30th, 2014 8:55 PM

So excited to hear a Lucius song first. I love them so much can’t wait to see them at Firefly!!!

• TessAnnesley May 31st, 2014 1:08 AM

Yoouuu and meeeee and the devil makes threeeee, didn’t leave nobody buuuut the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby…

• peppermintmoo May 31st, 2014 11:08 AM

My mom and I always listen to Moxy Früvous on road trips and their harmonies are lovely. Their songs are so fun. “I put my feet on the ottoman… EMPIRE.” ahhh my favorite

• suriKatka May 31st, 2014 4:17 PM

Very nice comfort music :) Acapella playlist would be cool, too!

• Pearl June 1st, 2014 3:49 AM

Lucius is just the new best band!
    P for Pearl

• ging17 June 1st, 2014 1:07 PM

bfdjsb I love this!

• jasmineraena June 1st, 2014 7:03 PM

Seriously missin some Eisley – they have beautiful harmonies! But overall a great playlist