Dear Diary

Our Secret Public Journals

The deepest thoughts of our former selves, lifted from the pages of our old diaries and sketchbooks.

• herdinthehalls April 25th, 2014 7:32 PM

“We want pppiiizzzzaaaa!”

And I love how Emma S.’s diary is subtitled ” Age 9 +10 +11 +12 +13 +14″

rockpapermisc.blogspot.com

• Jes April 25th, 2014 7:40 PM

old diary entries are the best. this is the best. please do more!

• bandsarelife April 25th, 2014 9:03 PM

This was awesome! I love stuff like this. Also, what year was Suzy X.’s diary from (I want to see what bands were playing at Warped that year)?

• Suzy X. April 29th, 2014 4:38 PM

This was 2003 :)

I didn’t get to go. Instead my best friend and I went to church wearing all black in mourning.

• emilycarolina April 25th, 2014 9:54 PM

i love how tuesday is “horny day” :)

• mustachio April 25th, 2014 10:23 PM

I just watched Mortified Nation (per Rookie’s recommendation, of course!) so these old journal entries just warmed my heart! Also, I’m immediately adopting “yankee doodle dork” into my vocabulary. Thanks for the gem.

• martinmorning April 26th, 2014 12:07 AM

Stephanie’s letter to herself reminds me so much of myself now. What she said about her best friend Katie made me teary.

• FlaG April 26th, 2014 1:30 AM

Ah Suzy, you and I probably would have been great friends in highschool. Looking through your tumblr was like reading my own LJ.

Ugh, the nostalgia. I don’t want to miss it, but I really kinda do. Feh.

• crapbag April 26th, 2014 6:09 AM

These are so good! I have kept journals since I was maybe fourteen. Five years later and they are still much too fresh to look at without immense embarrassment. It reminds me though, I should begin writing again.

• Flossy Mae April 26th, 2014 8:25 AM

This is so lovely!! You should do an open submission for readers to submit pages of their journals/diaries/sketchbooks, that would be amazing and so inspiring!

x

• KatGirl April 26th, 2014 10:26 AM

LOL, this makes me remember my first journal entry from when I was six years old. “IM SO MAD MY MOM WOULD NOT LET ME HAVE TWO CRUMLE IM SO MADD”
    I was mad because I couldn’t have a second helping of apple crumble.

• Sophii April 27th, 2014 10:32 AM

I LOVE THESE! Marie omg yours made me laugh :’) Caitlin you’re so amazing at journaling! Harold James Whistlefrink is the best name for a journal ever!! Stephanie, yours gave me goosebumps. It’s weird how everything turns out over time. Minna, your collage is beautiful <3