Music

Friday Playlist: Seafaring Songs

Come sail away.

Sea shanties, pirate ballads, and other maritime music for sailors both actual and metaphorical.

Illustration by Minna.

Illustration by Minna.

• JadeTayla April 25th, 2014 11:41 PM

I love how this playlist contrasts songs by First Aid Kit and M. Ward with ‘I’m On A Boat’ and the Jonas Brothers. Skillz.

• martinmorning April 25th, 2014 11:53 PM

Loving this! Great background music for browsing the site/other sites

alaalix.blogspot.com

• chelcsmiles April 26th, 2014 3:20 AM

I ALWAYS look forward to your Friday Playlist’s. Beach Boys, Jo bros, Styx,.. who knew they could harmoniously coincide on one playlist. you genius people. i adore yew.

• katiestarrynight April 26th, 2014 7:42 AM

Why am I crying? Did I accidentally listen to “Come Sail Away” by Styx again?

-K http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

• Alabastrowa April 26th, 2014 9:27 AM

I absolutely adore the illustration by Minna <3

• ghostelic April 26th, 2014 12:47 PM

JONAS BROTHERS YES

• Nadifa April 26th, 2014 12:54 PM

Omg Jonas Bros. I always thought that song was weird, but I loved them

• thenonafish April 26th, 2014 5:48 PM

Another good one is A Little Seasick by Ruby Day :) it’s not on iTunes or anything but it is on youtube. Love the Friday playlists!!

• whateveryazmine April 26th, 2014 11:13 PM

I’m writing a story set by the sea so this is perfect! And I also live in a seaside town and had a major jo bros phase

• lolaferocious April 27th, 2014 7:32 AM

The only thing this playlist is missing is Gay Pirates by Cosmo Jarvis. One of the best love songs going round.

• Sophii April 27th, 2014 10:16 AM

This is so great! I love imaging I’m by the sea and this playlist helps :’)

• thatsbreathtaking April 28th, 2014 11:01 PM

Sail (Away With Me) by the Pomegranates should definitely be an additional amendment on this list!!

• thatsbreathtaking April 28th, 2014 11:02 PM

Also the Alex Turner soundtrack for Submarine <3

• janeorshine April 30th, 2014 1:24 AM

My additions would be Gay Pirates by Cosmo Jarvis and Riptide by Vance Joy (though to be fair, I’d nominate the Vance Joy song for any summer type of playlist)

• inesc May 1st, 2014 5:40 AM