Books + Comics

Sunday Comic: The Best Song Ever #15

We all have to move on eventually.

• mangointhesky December 8th, 2013 2:06 PM

This is perfection!
    *sigh*

• herdinthehalls December 8th, 2013 2:24 PM

Suzy, I love your comics so much!

• honorarygilmoregal December 8th, 2013 4:09 PM

Aw, what a sweet comic. :)

• periwinkle_dreams December 8th, 2013 5:41 PM

This is unrelated (although I do love these comics), but I’m doing a project for school and thought Rookie was the perfect place to ask this question:

Why do YOU need feminism?

Any answers/thoughts would be much appreciated :)

• strawberryhair December 8th, 2013 8:49 PM

Slut shaming
      Rape culture
      Pressure on girls to look a certain way and the prevalence of eating disorders, body image and self esteem issues among young women
      Wage gap
      The fact that it’s harder for women than men to make progress in the workplace
      Expectation for girls to be “nice” always always always
      Stereotype of girls being bitchier/more manipulative than boys
      The fetishisation of female vulnerability and female dependence on men for self esteem/ a reason to live- twilight, songs like one direction’s “what makes you beautiful”
      Objectification of women
      Few female politicians
      Uhmmmmm well most of these do or will, at some stage, apply to me and to other girls and women. Did you mean you wanted a personal response? As in, did you want stories of how these things have affected Rookie readers and women they know?

ALSO, could we talk about how sexism affects men? I feel like it isn’t talked about much, but society puts pressure on men to hide their emotions, engage in strictly “masculine” pursuits, wear “boy” clothes, etc. I’ve been noticing it a lot lately, and I thought Rookies might want to discuss it :)

• AnaRuiz December 8th, 2013 10:16 PM

I absolutely LOVED everything in your comment. The summary and the conclusion.

• Anaheed December 9th, 2013 12:49 AM

Seconding this!

• strawberryhair December 9th, 2013 10:06 AM

Thank you to both of you! (Also I clicked on your link and your blog pictures are beautiful, Ana :) )

• periwinkle_dreams December 9th, 2013 2:37 PM

Perfect, thanks! I had some ideas but this definitely helps :)

P.s. I think we should definitely have a Rookie forum, cause I love discussing this stuff and you guys are awesome.

• veggiegirl98 December 8th, 2013 6:24 PM

How can something be so sweet and so sad at the same time? Love this so much!!!

• kolumbia December 8th, 2013 8:17 PM

This resonates with me very much right now. I’m a senior and all I hear about is college apps and acceptances, and it’s all very overwhelming. I wish I had a band to make it better!

• K8 is Gr8 December 8th, 2013 10:48 PM

I’m looking to go away to boarding school… I know how Kiki feels though. I don’t want all my friends to split up :(

• elliecp December 9th, 2013 11:31 AM

I love this comic! brightened my day hehe

• candice January 17th, 2014 1:42 PM

“i’m still going to new york though”

^love this #truth