Style

Learning the Face-ics: Lightning Round

OH NO, YOU’RE LATE. Don’t worry—here’s a guide to looking gorgeous in five minutes or less.

Mornings: the literal worst of all time, correct? In this edition of Learning the Face-ics, Amy Rose understands this well. Let her show you how to get ready with lightning speed—whether you overslept or are otherwise in need of a super-fast method of gussying up your face-zone:

Stuff Amy Rose used:

Skin:
• Stila CC Color Correcting Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Light ($44, Sephora)
• Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine ($8, Ulta)
• Benefit Sun Beam ($26, Sephora)
• Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher ($11, Target)
• BareMinerals Handy Buki Brush ($20, Sephora)

Eyes:
• Lancôme Définicils High Definition Mascara in Black ($27, Sephora)

Lips:
• CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain in Plum Pout ($9, CVS)

Now go forth and look great even if you missed your alarm, darling heads! ♦

• katie December 17th, 2013 7:37 PM

I love your shirt (and the make-up tips)

• soretudaaa December 17th, 2013 7:39 PM

I didn’t know eyelash extensions existed but they are GLORIOUSSS!!!
    (also I’m so going to do this for college)

• Tara Warkentin December 17th, 2013 8:55 PM

You have such a gorgeous smile <3

• julalondon December 17th, 2013 10:07 PM

This is SO helpful; thank you for that! Also, every time i watch one on your videos i fall in love with you more, Amy Rose!=)

• izi December 17th, 2013 10:37 PM

ily amy rose!!! please never stop making these!!!

• Estelle December 17th, 2013 11:12 PM

PLEASE TO NEVER SPEAK ILL OF JEFF, A MOST LEGIT WIGGLE

• pizzaface December 18th, 2013 10:09 AM

I love your videos haha, they’re helpful and hilarious at the same time

• Leena The Unicorn December 18th, 2013 3:32 PM

haha you’re so funny, wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle! xx

• Isil December 18th, 2013 4:20 PM

AMY ROSE. you are an amazing human being. i look forward to your posts! this was really helpful, thanks.

• drmcatcher December 18th, 2013 5:06 PM

Gorgeous! <3

• kayce. December 18th, 2013 7:41 PM

i like to highlight the bow of my upper lip too. it was nice to see the benefit highlighter in action – it’s been on my sephora loves forever and i need to just buy it lol.

• fibiii December 19th, 2013 12:08 AM

omg Amy Rose I love you so much!! And this came out on my birthday so even more exciting (ok so my birthday is the 18th but I’m from aus so I saw it on my birthday and it was probably the best present I could have asked for thanks rookie)

• Amy Rose December 19th, 2013 1:20 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Mine was the 16th! I hope your year is the best one yet.

• Mary the freak December 19th, 2013 11:42 AM

Amy Rose you’re seriously a queen :D

but actually, that’s ways more than I do in the morning. I just put on some mousse makeup (some powder depending on how horrible my skin is that day), white eyeliner on the water line, some really easy half-cat-eyes, and some mascara. That usually takes five minutes or less, so I guess all that highlighterthingy and blush and everything would be too fancy for me. :D

love,

Mary

• Janis December 19th, 2013 10:47 PM

YAAAY this saves my life thank you amy rose i love your shirt btw

• anna eve December 20th, 2013 6:51 PM

This is the first Learning the Face-ics video I’ve ever watched and can I just say, Amy Rose, you are a goddess. This video was so helpful, not to mention super-duper hilarious, and all-around awesome, I’m gonna go watch all the rest of these now, k bye and thank you!!

• December 22nd, 2013 7:47 PM

Thank you!! I was always afraid of highlight make-up, but you make it look so quick and easy! I’ll definitely be buying some soon. Right now I’m improvising with a too-light concealer I had lying around, and the effect is stunning! I feel so pretty and it really only took a few minutes! Thanks!

• yam January 18th, 2014 12:10 PM

I don’t want to sound like a jerk, having read the house rules, but I personally think the quickest way in the morning is to pass on that complicated make up routine. I actually do wear make up every day (mascara, some days I wear eye liner and on other days it’s lipstick) and I like interesting make up, colours, lashes, eyebrows, lips … I like the fact that you can be creative even on your own face and play with all the references you like!

But I don’t understand why so many girls cover their faces with tinted creams, foundation, concealer, … Why do you need to cover up your face if you don’t have any major skin issue? I rarely see girls wearing foundation, I mean not as much as what I see on make up tutorial videos, but when I do I always notice how powdery and shiny and unnatural it looks… The questions that cross my mind are: what happens when she scratches her face? blows her nose? does that beige or brown color rub off on her pillow when she sleeps next to her life or night partner when she forgets to clean off her make up? what does it smell like? Ok, I’m exaggerating and I might be considered like a “jerk” right now. I know I might seem narrow minded but I felt like reminding those who think YOU HAVE TO wear that much make up to look good.

Let your pores breath!!! (I don’t know if that word exists in english…it does in french)

Bonsoir, May