Style

Silhouettes and Shadows

Behind the scenes and in the front row of Meadham Kirchhoff’s heavenly Spring/Summer 2014 collection. Photos by Eleanor; commentary by Edward Meadham.

• Amal October 7th, 2013 4:08 PM

The collection is gorgeous! I love the Elizabethan influence – slides 2 and 32 are my favorite

• POPTUCKSHOP October 7th, 2013 4:39 PM

Always the best part of every season of collections is coming here to look at Meadham Kirchhoff up close (apart from the MK shows themselves!).

The details are of course exquisite, and the reference points seem quite a bit more wide-ranging this season…? Their clothes really do breach that boundary between ready-to-wear and couture.

• helloooriley October 7th, 2013 4:48 PM

i tore up my grandmas old clothes that she gave me and made patches will all the embroidered pieces and they’re all super cute!!

• katieeleanor October 7th, 2013 5:29 PM

eleanor’s MK pictures are the highlight of my 6 months, always <3

• Eileen October 7th, 2013 5:58 PM

I need this. All of this. http://waitingforeuro.blogspot.com/

• daisyauthority October 7th, 2013 7:54 PM

There are no words to describe something that involves my favorite designer of all time and Rookie, so I’ll just say asdfghjklasjdfghjkl!@#$%^&* Wow. I loved this.

• Collagingcolors October 7th, 2013 8:07 PM

this is the best thing ever !!!
    I love everything in this collection

• darksideoftherainbow October 7th, 2013 8:09 PM

wow. everything is really really beautiful and cute. as someone who really appreciates the talent and the skill from coming up with designs to creating the final product, i am really grateful for these pictures of the work up close, the inspiration, and the finished products. thank you so much!

• dessertstealer October 7th, 2013 8:58 PM

Love it!

rafwillyolivier.blogspot.com

• Chloe22 October 7th, 2013 9:36 PM

I actually reviewed this collection for my blog. I liked some of it, not so much other pieces:
    Your pics for this were so in depth, also, Eleanor!

• ghostgrrl October 7th, 2013 10:28 PM

I’m crazy in love with these photos and those clothes! I need them all like right now.

ghostgrrlfriend.tumblr.com

• Allegra October 7th, 2013 10:46 PM

That lace is the best thing I’ve ever seen

• browncat October 7th, 2013 10:58 PM

It’s amazing!!I’m in love with it

• Lea October 8th, 2013 1:11 AM

Oh my Gawd à collection inspirée by Thin White Duke-Bowie
    This is too perfect

• julalondon October 8th, 2013 3:25 AM

I’ve been waiting for this! Absolutely amazing! The Outfit on Picture 51, i would sooo wear it!!!=) Also, the hair of the Girls remind me of my grandmother; when she was a Teenager, she had her hair exactly like them!!!=)

• bridiebird October 8th, 2013 4:36 AM

I love seeing the design process and then the final looks… I hope you keep photographing Meadham Kirchhoff’s amazing shows forever!! Thank you!

• elliecp October 8th, 2013 5:13 AM

I absolutely love their designs…so awesome to see them in detail! Thanks rookie :)

• Cutesycreator aka Monica October 8th, 2013 2:36 PM

What a beautiful collection and photographs, as ever <3

• Tambourelle October 8th, 2013 3:12 PM

‘The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lover’s eyes’ ♥.♥

+ I love the wigs!

tambourelle.tumblr.com

• blossom96 October 8th, 2013 4:58 PM

I always feel so inspired after seeing these! Also, thin white duke is THE BEST version of bowie, so good to see again

• LuxOrBust October 8th, 2013 5:43 PM

The caption for slide 16 explains exactly the frustrations I feel on fashion these days, said so eloquently. Spot on. I really love Meadham Kirchoff and am so thankful Rookie keeps returning to photograph the collections! I feel so inspired!

• flocha October 9th, 2013 10:25 AM

Oh my these are wonderful

• Mary the freak October 9th, 2013 11:15 AM

Although I really miss the rainbow colors that Meadham Kirchhoff clothes used to have, I like that collection. But it’s so different that Meadham Kirchhoff used to be!
    Don’t mean to be mean. IT looks awesome, seriously! *-*

• Aithy Palfreyman October 9th, 2013 12:19 PM

these are beautiful! this could NOT have come at a better time, too, since I’ve just been put in charge of costume design for an upcoming school production of the Tempest and I’ve decided to use Bowie as my inspiration for Ariel :)

• Megretson October 9th, 2013 10:02 PM

I don’t mean to be a downer but seriously not a single POC? Not a single person even close to possessing melanin? I know it’s going for a Victorian vibe but at the same time it feels ridiculous.