Style

Learning the Face-ics: Show ’Em Whatcha Got

Give some love to what you love most.

In keeping with this month’s VICTORY theme, in this series Amy Rose is gonna teach you how to highlight the thing you love most about your face, whether it’s your amazing skin, your sparkly eyes, or your gorgeous lips. (If you love everything about your face, maybe just pick a different thing to play up each day, you beautiful creature you.)

Part One: Skin

Part Two: Eyes

Part Three: Lips

Stuff Amy Rose used:

Skin:
• Lorac Coverup in C1 ($6, Lorac)
• Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher ($11, Target)
• BareMinerals All-Over Face Color in Rose Radiance ($19, Sephora)
• NYX Ultra Pearl Mania loose eye shadow in Pearl ($3, NYX Cosmetics)
• Prevail powder brush (similar, $4.50, Walgreens)

Eyes:
• Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Space Cowboy ($20, Urban Decay)
• Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner in black ($3, Walgreens)

• Benefit They’re Real! Mascara ($23, Sephora)
• e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit in medium ($3, e.l.f.)
• NYX Ultra Pearl Mania loose eye shadow in Pearl ($3, NYX Cosmetics)

Lips:
• NYX Matte Lipstick in Alabama ($6, NYX Cosmetics)
• Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Siren ($28, Hourglass)
• NYX Retractable Eyeliner in white ($4.50, Ulta) ♦

• heartshapedbox September 18th, 2013 11:29 PM

is it just me or does amy rose look a lot like a pre-plastic surgery rose mcgowan oh my god??? (this is a good thing)

• intergalactic fork September 19th, 2013 8:55 AM

they are long lost twins!! omg!!

• Vasia September 23rd, 2013 8:24 AM

She reminds me of Emma Stone, especially when she smiles/laughs. :)

• Sonya September 19th, 2013 12:05 PM

Amy Rose you are such a goddess

• Holly September 19th, 2013 5:01 PM

I’m so jealous of people who have gorgeous lips, cause mine are so thin. lol. I literally have the tiniest lips ever.

• Amber_J September 20th, 2013 4:55 AM

Amy Rose is beautiful, and I love her writing…BUT she should not be doing make up tutorials. For god’s sake the girl is a Barbie doll, the make up she puts on her face is really not relevant to an average face features girls who are looking to emphasize their facial features with certain make up tricks. Amy Rose doesn’t need any tricks she is a natural hotness, and even if she messes up her make up she will still look gorgeous, but that’s not the case with an average girl. Its like Adriana Lima for Maybelline… yeah of course all their make up works for Adriana Lima… I mean, do you get my point here… ?

• Isil September 20th, 2013 6:31 PM

Yes! I got your point, but I think you’re looking at this from a different perspective. I don’t think Amy Rose is trying to do makeup tutorials, she is just giving tips. I mean, she loves makeup, I’m sure she also loves making these videos (otherwise she won’t be making them) and she surely knows something about makeup. I trust the products she choose, for example. She built a trust. She doesn’t have to define her cupid bow or give 3 dimensions to her lips but I think she tries to say even if your lips are thin or full or pale whatever, whatever your shape or colour, if you like a part of your body, then try to make it stand out. It doesn’t matter which one and it doesn’t matter what people think about it. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube makeup tutorials and tips etc. but no one ever gave me this impression like she does.

I personally always thought that makeup is not about being beautiful, it’s like a hobby or something. There’s no such thing like “ugly people does makeup” because no one is actually ugly. Makeup is just a thing you like. I find myself really beautiful without makeup, I really love myself, even in a narcissistic way (yeah, I’m weird) but I still do makeup because I like to do it.

I think I’m a bit out of the point but Amy Rose’s tricks works out if you try to do them on yourself, it doesn’t matter if she already is perfect. She gives the right tips. It’s pointless to watch somebody else if they’re gonna do the same things in the video.

• emilykiyoko September 23rd, 2013 3:15 AM

I really loved this tutorial. My only problem is, whenever I do bold lips like this video the lipstick gets weird and dry after like 45 minutes. Any tips on making the color and effect last?

• Vasia September 23rd, 2013 6:42 AM

Thanks so much Amy Rose! I was afraid I’d never learn how to put on make-up, but your learning the face-ics videos have been super helpful! It took me 18 years, but now I feel *almost* like a make-up pro! xD I can’t wait to try the white eye-liner tip on my lips! :)

• lilagrace September 23rd, 2013 12:40 PM

OMG the rat!
    :D

• Yani October 1st, 2013 8:22 AM

Should be paying you directly for these… Such a pleasure

• lunaticbeings October 22nd, 2013 7:54 PM

amy fricken rose i think i just fell in love with you all over again