Dear Diary

June 26, 2013

The end of the school year didn’t come soon enough.

Illustration by Caitlin

Caitlin: “I went to the seaside this week.”

Naomi

It’s scary to feel the symptoms of panic and anxiety again. Read More »

Katherine

I need to become fluent in French before I’m 21. Read More »

Ruby

The school year is over. I made it. Read More »

Britney

I’m 45 minutes late to prom. I can already tell it’s going to be bad. Read More »

1 2 3 4 5

• soviet_kitsch June 26th, 2013 7:12 PM

ruby, i love your entries. you are beautiful.

• Bex_cygnet June 26th, 2013 8:33 PM

Naomi, I registered just to pass on how poignant and relatable I find your entries especially this week’s. Thank you for writing x

• Bex_cygnet June 26th, 2013 8:40 PM

whoops. The kiss was reflex. Awks, sorry!

• Paige R. June 26th, 2013 8:33 PM

Britney- I just graduated from middle school too. It felt like this in some ways, but different. I was going to a small catholic school, where most people had been there for almost their whole lives. I had only been there for 3 years, though and I hadn’t made many good friends. It felt like I was watching their graduation rather than experiencing my own. It felt unreal (and somewhat awkward).

Anyways, I loved all of the entries. You guys write so beautifully!

• rhymeswithorange June 26th, 2013 9:12 PM

Katherine, I feel the same way about Spanish!! I realized when I listen to a non-native speaker, I can understand almost everything, but when I listen to a native speaker I am totally lost. This summer I’m going to try and listen to more Spanish music and watch movies too

• elektraheart June 26th, 2013 9:53 PM

I love languages and I want to master as many as I can before I get too old. Great entry, Katherine!

• Graciexx June 27th, 2013 8:00 AM

same here! I really want to be multilingual before I’m 20 :)

• sungiant June 26th, 2013 10:27 PM

Ruby!!! <3

• alienbabe June 26th, 2013 10:34 PM

Caitlin did a great job with the illustration!

• Cassie N June 26th, 2013 10:48 PM

oh britney, i just graduated middle school and i can relate!

• Rebdomine June 27th, 2013 4:36 AM

oh ruby, i love you!

• Saana V June 27th, 2013 5:56 AM

Katherine i feel you!
    and wow ruby as good as always and aa i have a lot to say but i can’t think of anything

and britney, i was your age last year – the school system is a bit different here. A lot different actually, i’m a year away of going to high school. But what i was saying was that wow you are a lot more mature than i was last year. And you’ll do just fine in high school, i’m sure of it.

• Saana V June 27th, 2013 6:06 AM

and wow i had to make our school system sound more complicated so i think i’m on something like junior high now but totally not, and that actually the “high school” in here is something like high school but also is not?

• Sophie ❤ June 27th, 2013 7:35 AM

This is so absolutely beautiful- a and Ruby, I absolutely see you!

• Chloe22 June 27th, 2013 9:38 AM

Pardon my strong use of words, but that guy from prom, Britney- WAS A MORON! seriously, who does that? It’s so mean!

• Kourtney June 27th, 2013 12:33 PM

I love you Britney.

• saramarit June 27th, 2013 12:42 PM

Britney, a boy dumped me in the same way when I was your age but I ended up crying in the bathroom! Well done for not being lame like me! I also started high school not knowing anyone and made really good friends, you’ll be fine.

• barbroxursox June 30th, 2013 5:29 PM

Naomi, I’m feeling the same way! :/ Last summer my job gave me few hours and I barely made any money, so that stressed me out. But this summer they are giving me almost full-time work and I thought I’d like that, but it is also giving me anxiety… I wanna hang out with my friends but some of them are traveling/have other obligations, or I just have to plan meeting with them which wasn’t necessary during the school year when we would just go out on Friday and Saturday nights. I am not entirely unhappy; I am making a lot of money (yay!) and sometimes get to hang out with my friends. I just feel like I’m unintentionally distancing myself from my friends which sucks because we’re all going off to college in a couple months and will be physically distanced from each other.