Style

Learning the Face-ics, Special Edition: Prom!

Part Three: Glitterfy your eyes.

Now that your prom is probably JUST ABOUT TO HAPPEN, here’s the third and last and most dramatic PROMSICS tutorial from AmesRo (apparently the new thing we’re calling her?). As she says, it’s “bling on bling on bling” for your big dance or the drive-through or playing Pictionary with your friends.

Editorial note: not the best sound quality on this one—Amy Rose had to use a different computer than usual. Just pretend she’s underwater and it’ll seem normal.

Stuff she used in this video:

• ModelCo Cheek & Lips in Rosy Red ($24, ModelCo)

• Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in White ($21, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics)
  • Kat Von D eyeshadow in Unrequited, included in the True Romance palette called Starstruck ($13, Sephora)
  • The green and glittery charcoal shades in Maybelline EyeStudio’s Green With Envy palette ($8, Drugstore.com)
  • NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Gold ($5, NYX)
  • e.l.f. Professional Blending Eye Brush ($1.50, Drugstore.com) ♦

• Kaetlebugg April 15th, 2013 8:23 PM

yay!!! thank you! I was planning on doing my own makeup for prom anyway (so much less $, even if I buy some new products) so thanks!

embarrassingurl.blogspot.com

• myy April 15th, 2013 8:51 PM

Love this look . . . thank you for this tutorial! I’ve always been so terrible at applying and blending eyeshadows, but i think i’ll give it another shot. . .

• Tara A. April 15th, 2013 11:13 PM

I can never manage to blend my eyeshadow properly. I always end up looking very strange (and if it’s black eyeshadow, I generally end up bearing a strong resemblance to a racoon). But after watching this tutorial, I think I’ll try again (and hopefully get it right this time).

• glitter riot April 15th, 2013 11:15 PM

urgh i’m not going to prom but i’m definitely doing something similar to what you did when you skipped prom, so i will probably use this look! Also, can you do a tutorial on how to cut your bangs? Because yours look rad!

• Amy Rose April 16th, 2013 12:17 AM

Thank you! A Bang-sics is definitely something to consider. Big tremendous love to you and your non-prom; I hope you have the best goddamn time on Earth.

• Ella W April 16th, 2013 3:01 PM

Absolutely love these videos. I’m going to try this one, but with blue and silver, instead of gold and green, as my prom dress is blue.
    The underwater voice thing was a teeeeennny bit annoying, but hey ho, it wasn’t ‘AmesRo’s fault.

• Mary the freak April 17th, 2013 12:55 PM

I WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT ON PROM AND IT WILL BE PERFECT. YOU ROCK!!!