So maybe you don’t feel like dressing up for Halloween—you can still play with your personal style by tweaking it with some creepy-cute accessories. For this DIY, I was inspired by the Japanese pop star/fashion icon Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. If you haven’t heard of her, you should check out one of her videos. Her eyeball-print shorts are the best!
- Wiggle eyes (aka googly eyes). You can find these at almost any craft store, or online.
- Plain hair clips
- Rubber ponytail holders
- Safety pins
- Super glue
1. Cut two small squares of felt. Your measurements may vary, but mine were 1.5 inches.
2. Triple-fold the felt, accordion style, as seen above.
3. Using the ponytail holder, secure the middle.
4. Glue your wiggle eye to the center of the bow.
5. Glue the bow to the hair clip.
6. For a larger bow, you can accessorize with wiggle eyes of various sizes, and add safety pins for extra adornment.
7. If you want to turn your bow into a brooch, secure a safety pin to the back of it.
These eyeball bows are very flexible. You could make a choker by gluing the bow to a piece of black lace and tying it around your neck. Or, if you wanted it to look more like a bow tie, make a bigger bow and affix it to a piece of elastic. Or find a plain headband, and glue some bows to it. The possibilities are pretty much endless! ♦