Music

Literally the Best Thing Ever: Heart

I love the Wilson sisters so much that I almost can’t bear to share them.

• Gabrielle February 22nd, 2012 11:21 PM

I am obsessed with Heart! I took my mom’s old deluxe edition cd (surprising right?! They had cd’s!) I heart Heart

• Punky Power February 22nd, 2012 11:43 PM

This post makes me so happy. I LOVE Heart and their magical 70′s sister strong woman vibes! I love that they’re totally virtuosos and shredders, but still completely relatable. Love Alive and Sylvan Song/Dream of the Archer are my favs! Wish I could’ve seen them live in the 70′s… *sigh*

• Steph February 22nd, 2012 11:50 PM

I HEART (ahah) your handwriting!

• Laia February 23rd, 2012 12:23 AM

this is really great.

• annamalous February 23rd, 2012 12:32 AM

AH i love this post! heart is such a great band, and the girl-power makes it even greater. they inspire me to play music every day. i want to meet them so badly. a couple summers ago, i caught their show at the illinois state fair. it was amazing. :D

i love how they’re known for their talent and hard work and bad-assedness, rather than their fashion and sex-appeal (though there’s nothing wrong with those, either).

(also, nice mention of pearl jam, another amazing band, in the same post.)

• Chloe Elizabeth February 23rd, 2012 12:34 AM

I’ve listened to a lot of Heart, but never actually seen their pictures. How does that happen? I love love that picture of them at the end!

• Susann February 23rd, 2012 2:04 AM

I love your handwriting! Such a nice idea for this great article!

• smilingrottenflesh February 23rd, 2012 2:29 AM

Literally the best thing ever: Sonja’s handwriting!

• Flo February 23rd, 2012 3:14 AM

This post basically made my night. YOUR HANDWRITING! And Heart in the 70s…love. I saw a Heart cover band the other night and they were actually really good. But I do know from experience that they should not be sung karaoke. ESPECIALLY BY ME.

• Kailey February 23rd, 2012 6:00 AM

I really love the way you laid out this post – it looks like a diary entry!

My parents went to the exact same Heart concert before they knew each other and didn’t find out until they had been married a couple of years!

• Naomi February 23rd, 2012 6:14 AM

i’ve only listened to dreamboat annie so far but i love love love it. i don’t think i’ll ever get bored of magic man.

• Claudia February 23rd, 2012 7:43 AM

Your handwriting is so pretty!
    Such a sweet post.

• cammm February 23rd, 2012 9:09 AM

everytime i hear magic man all i can think of is TRIP FONTAINE <3 <3 <3

• Miarele February 23rd, 2012 9:59 AM

the guitar solo in “Alone” is about one of my favourite thing EVER. I love how they are such great, kick-ass, strong women. Such an inspiration!

• Ayla February 23rd, 2012 2:00 PM

Alone is one of my favorite songs to scream along to, thanks for introducing me to more of their songs and your passion for them!

• Maggie February 23rd, 2012 2:32 PM

This article is really special. I can be very secretive about the things I love, because it’s too painful to share them with others. But this article makes me want to open up about things that are Heart to me.

• Lascelles February 23rd, 2012 4:19 PM

…kinda unrelated but I just realized the lead singer from Placebo is a dude :o *shudder* It’s Hanson and Silversun Pickups all over again. So, yeah, whatever, if you exclude *MEN* Heart is a pretty good, under-rated, female rock band :D

• CariStereo February 23rd, 2012 9:00 PM

‘70s Ann Wilson is one of my style icons.

• ivoire February 24th, 2012 5:09 AM

i absolutely love this!

• taste test February 24th, 2012 2:30 PM

post about a badass band + pretty handwriting = yaaay!

• loonylizzy February 24th, 2012 8:14 PM

this made my life X) my parents practically raised me on heart. love!! :)

• catherinelynn March 8th, 2012 10:59 PM

I would love to be as talented as them. It’s sucks to love and appreciate good music but not be able to make it yourself.

• Ibe. March 18th, 2012 10:35 AM

Magic Man is the best song ever.