Dear Diary

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Your regularly scheduled update from our diarists. Plus, a beautiful drawing by Katherine.

Apparently Minna’s week was super googly.

Dylan

This was a weekend when I remembered that I am pretty much living the dream! Read More »

Naomi

This last summer something happened to me. Not anything particularly dramatic. But still significant. Read More »

Katherine

I started my collage applications Saturday. I think that collage will be really good experience for me. I mean, cool parties always happen at collages. Right now, I’m really into pretty collages, AND OMG WHAT IF I MISSPELL COLLEGE IN AN APPLICATION ESSAY?!!!! Spellcheck won’t catch that. Read More »

1 2 3 4

• taylortarantino October 12th, 2011 7:17 PM

These diaries are definitely one of the best things on Rookie!

• Audrey October 12th, 2011 7:21 PM

This is so awsome! I loove San Fransisco!

• LoversSaintsSailors October 12th, 2011 8:17 PM

Oh man, I can totally relate to times like that Dylan. Don’t you just love when you catch a moment and realise you are so, so happy with everyone and everything in your life?

• Maialuna October 12th, 2011 9:28 PM

…I just figured out that Minna is the person who makes those pictures… That explains the “dreams of meat” in an earlier diary.

• Nomi October 12th, 2011 9:41 PM

Katharine, you should mention you’ve written on this site!
    Naomi, once I thought I had found a friend like that, and I told her almost everything, but some things I thought, “You know what, if I think the same of her five months from now, I’ll completely confide in her.” And guess what? I didn’t, she ditched me. So I’m really glad I didn’t completely spill everything.
    Dylan, that’s great. I love weekends like that where I just feel so fresh and young and happy.

• kels October 12th, 2011 9:47 PM

I love Sister Schubert’s rolls! They are a family Thanksgiving staple, mostly because there is so little effort involved in making them…

• erin October 12th, 2011 10:02 PM

“… let’s just say that if someone says they’re with Dylan, they’re cool, man.” Dylan, this is great! Your post made me soooo happy, and now I want to go to college in San Fransisco amongst all the beauticious people! So how are San Fransiscan colleges? …. Or I’ll google it!

• Dylan October 13th, 2011 1:13 AM

I go to school in SF but live in Oakland, and prefer Oakland vastly, but I have weird personal preferences. Research SF schools and schedule some school visits to the campuses, visits are the most helpful thing evarz.

• nagrombackwards October 12th, 2011 10:55 PM

all of these are really awesome and relate-able. dylan, yours was so nice to read–i can think back to times when i felt the exact same way, just completely happy and content and appreciative of friends and life and everything. sucks that those moments are fleeting.

• anastasia October 13th, 2011 12:52 AM

I’m seriously loving these collages Minna’s doing.

• Anaheed October 13th, 2011 2:09 AM

Me too. I sit with each one for a long time and try to imagine what her week was like.

• marigold October 13th, 2011 1:43 PM

Dylan, I loved your post. I used to live in a warehouse space for years that hosted shows and it was truly a magical time. Enjoy it! Your space sounds beautiful, can my band play there sometime?

• Dylan October 13th, 2011 3:55 PM

Ugh I love it! I grew up going to those sorts of shows in Seattle and made friends with people who lived in some, and it was always an aspiration of mine. Its pretty beautiful to finally be in a show space. Livin’ the dream, mannn.

• Felt Mountain October 13th, 2011 4:06 PM

Dylan, you live in Oakland? This diary entry just made me even more homesick. I miss Fenton’s :(
    I absolutley love these posts. Keep up the radical work, Rookie!

• Naomi October 14th, 2011 11:40 AM

i can’t tell you how much i love having my diary sandwiched in between minna’s, dylan’s and katherine’s. i love you guys.