Eye Candy

Creepin’

RIP October! Here are all our secretive, spooky, shady backgrounds from this month.

• Whatsername October 31st, 2011 11:57 PM

I just love the second to last one. Every time I drive by a giant skyscraper or a hotel at night with some of the windows lit I wonder who’s in there, what they’re doing, what their story is… Possibly just my writer side trying to make a character out of every living being, but eh.

• Pashupati October 31st, 2011 11:58 PM

The month got away so fast… (Couldn’t catch it!)

• Narnie November 1st, 2011 1:00 AM

Wonderful, wonderful pictures this month! I was hanging out for today so they’d all be there for me to look at! Now the only tricky thing is choosing which one to be my background…

• appledarling November 1st, 2011 2:15 AM

emma daiska’s decoupage work blew me away the other day. i crave more.

• lulawitch November 1st, 2011 4:40 AM

i’ve been using the exact same wedding candy background on virgin suicides-inspiration powerpoints for AGES. creepy.

• Lily November 1st, 2011 5:02 AM

The first one is incredible!

• ekaeka93 November 1st, 2011 6:03 AM

Very Cool!

• Mememeo November 1st, 2011 10:22 AM

I always look up at hotels; I’m so curious to see if anyone is standing on their balcony, doing silly things, isolated from the world… I always like to do stupid things on hotel balconies, to see if anyone will notice. Thus far, only an old lady sitting drinking tea on a balcony in Ulaanbaatar noticed that my flip-flops and latte were precariously close to falling nine stories and hitting a suited desk worker below.
    She didn’t notice me try to climb from my balcony to my friend’s balcony.
    Yeah, the 2nd-to-last picture reminded me of this…

• prettygirlfem November 28th, 2011 4:40 PM

Hi! Love RookieMag – have been a fan of Rookie for a while now (tavi, you are brilliant! so glad you’ve put together a great group of ladies to share knowledge and beauty)!
    I’ve just started my own blog: http://prettygirlfem.tumblr.com/
    **please visit!**
    I’ve been trying to get photos as my background, but it is so tough! any suggestions? How do your photos look so rad?!