You Asked It

Ask a Grown Man: Kurt Braunohler

Inaugural edition.

Each month we’ll have a grown man or grown woman answering your questions about boys, girls, or life in general. This month’s special guest: Kurt Braunohler!

To ask a question for a future Ask a Grown Man/Woman, click here.

Kurt is a comedian who often insults animals: kbwwa.tumblr.com

• Maddy September 13th, 2011 7:07 PM

this video is hilarious, he’s so nice and funny! but the link needs to be fixed.

• Maialuna September 13th, 2011 7:38 PM

This is really funny. :D They probably have low blood pressure and are kind of dumb… And probably fall down a lot.

• Star September 13th, 2011 7:49 PM

Proving that grownups know almost as little as we do about life

• darksideoftherainbow September 13th, 2011 7:50 PM

i love his smile when he says, “then i’m twenty.” i’m 24 and can definitely sympathize with that problem, tho. i always feel like i’m wasting my youth and not doing young ppl things. but then i try to remember that it’s just life and i can live it however i want and that i shouldn’t stress it bc forcing a “teenage” moment is the anti teenage thing to do. also, i am currently lusting after a guy who looks like he’s on the brink of death…and it’s wonderful! hahaha. plus, he’s 25 so at least i can feel younger than him :D

• unicorn September 13th, 2011 7:53 PM

what does look like they are about to die mean? like are they really pale looking or really delicate or something?

• Jenny September 13th, 2011 8:21 PM

All my friends are man-boys, but none quite as manly-boyish as Kurt! Whatta wit.

• Annie September 13th, 2011 8:32 PM

You guys should get John Green (author of Paper Towns and other awesome teen books) to do one of these! He already does something similar on his youtube channel and his advice fucking rules. ALWAYS.

• Thepunkrocker September 13th, 2011 8:36 PM

you should have an online chat room with adults!

• LoversSaintsSailors September 13th, 2011 8:42 PM

The whole thing of “wasting your youth” and “not doing what you’re supposed to be doing”…the thing is: You’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to be doing with your youth. You’re living.
    And the memories that you wind up with from this time are gonna come from completely unexpected places.
    Like the time your friend came over, you made jam toast and then had a massive laughing fit on your bed. That’s gonna be a memory. You’re gonna look back and think, “Remember that? Ah man, that was awesome.”

• Pyxie Gwynne September 13th, 2011 8:55 PM

Oh My Gosh.

“The boy has low blood pressure and probably isn’t very smart.” Or falls down a lot.

I LOVE THIS.

• kate-moss September 13th, 2011 8:58 PM

they do fall a lot, actually

i laughed for like twenty minutes after

• marypee22 September 13th, 2011 9:15 PM

i liked the answers to the first questions but I the last one was kind of… missing someting. I anyone does have a list… I would really appreciate it and if it has more than 5 things it would MAKE MA DAY!
    :D
    and hipster boys.. (L)

• ReneeRevolution September 13th, 2011 9:18 PM

That was pretty hilarious. And I will definitely be asking a man-boy to give me advice on everything from now on.

• EveyMarrie September 13th, 2011 9:31 PM

Hahaha I loved his advice:

“How do I get a boy to like me? Well you tried being nice. Maybe be mean to him? Switch it up?” Claaaaassic.

YAY MAN-BOYS!

• Erica September 13th, 2011 9:45 PM

HAHAHAH i loled so hard at the fat sad face, this is so hilar.

• annagracie September 13th, 2011 10:28 PM

hahaha “Ask a Man-Boy” :)

• Ace September 13th, 2011 10:31 PM

“either THAT, or get a perm.” I laughed so hard :D

• Ace September 13th, 2011 10:35 PM

I’m commenting twice because I love the question about the guys who look like they’re going to die. I have the exact same thing. I have a crush on Oliver from Project runway and he’s SOOO PALE! And when they zoomed in on his hands when he was working on his dress his nails were blue. I was like, eat something with salt for goodness sakes! But I can’t help it, he’s just so adorable :)

• HRH September 13th, 2011 10:45 PM

REEAALLLY love this

• oriana September 13th, 2011 11:06 PM

aahah aw i loved this

• Laia September 14th, 2011 1:05 AM

omg i love EVERYTHING about this.

• kookaburra September 14th, 2011 3:49 AM

This is awesome but disillusioning XD

• Kiki and the Love September 14th, 2011 5:47 AM

Please, please get Doug Walker (aka The Nostalgia Critic) to do one of these: he’s smart, really funny and he hates Bella Swan as much as I do!

• hanna September 14th, 2011 8:43 AM

this reminds me of the simple life when nicole said “I don’t like good looking guys. I like them skinny and pale, like they’re dying.”
    i loved the video

• puffytoad September 14th, 2011 12:26 PM

What’s up with this dumb advice? I know it’s supposed to be funny, but I don’t think it’s very beneficial to just blow off all the questions and goof around. Especially the one where the girl was trying to get a certain boy to like her. Telling her to try being mean might sound funny, but he didn’t even address the fact that you can’t force people to like you. If you’re nice to someone and they don’t like you, then they don’t like you. No one is entitled to another person. It’s like the Nice Guy(r) thing in reverse and I think it should have been addressed.

• tellyawhat September 14th, 2011 1:54 PM

Why do you like boys who look like they’re dying?

Because your maternal instinct has already kicked in and you want to take care of them. Perfect feeble bodied mammal who needs love and food and will never leave you. This is not a necessarily a bad trait, although if its because they’re on drugs that’s a bummer and if its a genetic thing remember to take that into consideration before making babies with them! But sickly babies are also super cute!

• meowzer September 14th, 2011 2:07 PM

I loved this. Kurt is such a wonderful grown man! Or grown man-boy. Keep doing what you do, Kurt. You too, Rookie.

• Hazel September 14th, 2011 2:54 PM

So, so so so good. Laughing so hard at the getting a perm suggestion.

• yourenotfunny September 14th, 2011 3:28 PM

Great idea for a column, I loved this :’D

• erin September 14th, 2011 10:41 PM

“get a perm… it seems to change the way people look at you… usually for the worst” hahahaha, this was great. I really like the last bit… just driving. I gotta do that sometime. Kurt is great!

• Me September 16th, 2011 2:07 PM

@Annie Yes! If John Green did one of these videos, it would be so awesome!

• cherrylion September 17th, 2011 5:58 PM

Ha! HA! This guy is so funny and so right. How hilarious!!! i love these question videos. I hope to see many many more. :)

• mirandab17 September 17th, 2011 7:49 PM

aaaah, that was so awesome. he’s awesome. this site is awesome.

i am so gonna do that driving around with ma bffffff like tomorrow. sounds sick.

• rhymeswithorange September 17th, 2011 9:25 PM

This reminded me of the Amanda Show. A very good thing!

• Sabby September 21st, 2011 10:00 PM